Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Second Adventure


Today, I walked along 1st Street SW and zigzagged the streets between Linden and Pierce, south of 1st Street SW.  There are some really neat homes in this area.  I really liked the hobbit shaped doorways, and the Bavarian stylistic touches.
This neighborhood is a mix of single family homes and large apartment complexes.  My dog and a small girl had a great encounter, involving a large slobbering kiss and an infectious giggle.  A young woman with the girl looked tired and harassed.  I hoped that the girl's laugh had done at least a little to lighten her burden, whatever it was.  I prayed Christ's Peace on them.
Memorial Garden near Mercy Hospital
Apartment Complex
  
I saw signs on doors that said "Caution, Oxygen in Use."  I assumed the people in these homes were likely older, but as I neared the hospital, I realized that age aside, many of them may have been living close to their care center.  I prayed for healing and rest on these homes.  I stopped at an intersection to pray the Lord's Prayer.

As I walked along the North side of Mercy Medical Center, I prayed that those working, recovering and dying within its walls would experience calmness and rest in the midst of their hard experiences.
Emergency Room construction at Mercy Medical Center North

View Prayer Walk 2 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment